Don’t treat LinkedIn like Facebook. Do maximize your professional networking.
- Consistently update (and improve) your profile. Adding skills and certifications shows professional interest and growth.
- Use a professional headshot. If you don’t have a headshot, invest in one. Avoid over editing and be easily recognizable.
- Share updates relatable to your connections, such as articles on Bloomberg, Forbes, or other trustworthy news sites.
- Engage with your connections. Congratulate achievements or comment on a shared article.
- Post your daily life. The CMO of Google is not interested in your OOTD.
- Add random people to increase your network. It’s weird (in a bad way).
- Send cold pitches or messages to those you aren’t close with. Especially if it’s obviously self-serving. You’ll seem disingenuous and impersonal.
- Use selfies as a profile picture. Just don’t. Please.
Image Source: Lynda