People tend to search for new jobs when they want higher compensation or a career change. Another reason could be, you’ve outgrown your job and want to move on.
Some tell-tale signs to know when the time has come:
- No room for growth. You’ve hit the ceiling and there are no more opportunities to learn.
- No satisfaction. When you no longer feel a sense of accomplishment, your motivation decreases.
- You don’t align with core values. You can’t support the mission or values of the company..
- Salary doesn’t budge. If you are putting in quality time and effort, you should be compensated fairly. Be sure to research market value and know your worth.
- You daydream. You’re thinking of what-ifs and fantasizing about another opportunities.
You watch the clock. If you dread coming in and countdown the seconds to leave, it’s time to get out.
Image Source: Giphy