In the sales industry? Or trying to grow your sales team? Things have changed:
- Selling is helping. There’s a preconceived image of sleazy car salesmen when it comes to sales. People are more open to “authentic selling” now, which means providing solutions to people’s problems. You’re selling a service or experience, rather than a product.
- Believe in it. It’s quite easy to spot ingenuine selling. The more you believe in what you’re selling, the more persuasive you’ll be. Passion can’t be faked.
- Easier connections. Technology allows you to give a demo online and send presentations, opening another touch point (the average sale requires 7-10 touches with the brand before a prospective buyer becomes a customer).
- Content marketing. Marketing has increased and improved data, research, and revenue. Case studies, infographics, and blog posts are all effective content to position your brand as trustworthy and resourceful.
- The era of personalization. If you aren’t adaptable, you won’t last. A generic newspaper ad won’t cut it anymore. People love personalized services. Learn your audience and master the intersection of service and technology.
Image Source: ATD